Friday, June 22, 2007

What's in a URL?

Okay, step one... choose a domain name. First of all let me say, I loath those swine who are sitting on millions of domain names that go to websites that show nothing but advertisements for other websites! (Of course, if you are one of those swine who happens to have a job opening for an entrepreneurial technologist drop me an email. You're probably making money hand over fist and can pay a nice salary for talent such as mine!)

After burning up thesaurus.com and the WHOIS function at GoDaddy for a few hours, I finally came up with a name that sort of, in a Web 2.0 way, gives the feeling of what my service will offer.... of course I hate it, but all of the good names were taken. The .US domain names are good right? Worked for del.icio.us, right?

Domain name: $7.99

Total cost of project to date: $7.99

No comments: