Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Smarty wasn't so hard...

Smarty is a template engine for PHP.

Smarty was relatively easy to install compared to PHP / MySQL without using WAMP. Luckily someone had already installed the package on Windows and there is a link to his instructions right at the top of the "Quick Install" page. My only issues were that the package came only in a tar file instead of a zip file (I found an open source product to open the tar files called 7-Zip) and the instructions for windows installation had a slight typo (the cache and compile directories were different in the demo than in the installation instructions).

I quickly read through the documentation. It seems pretty straight forward. I look forward to using Smarty for the presentation interface of my new site.

Template Engine (Smarty): $0

Total cost of project to date: $7.99

No comments: